Innovations In Small Craft Technology 2016
Innovations In Small Craft Technology 2016 conference is being held on 13 April in London.
Few sectors of the maritime industry have seen greater innovation in design than the small craft sector.
Various ideas, which although considered revolutionary at the time, have had an impact on the design of small craft today.
Both commercial and recreational small craft have benefited from the inspirational ideas of designers. Small craft are used in a number of diverse sectors, ranging from pleasure and recreation to the more demanding search & rescue and military roles.
This diversity has been a driver of change where the search for faster, safer and cheaper vessels has encouraged the use of advanced materials, new manufacturing techniques and unique designs.
Innovation does not come without risks and regulation needs to keep apace of developments. There is still much to be done in integrating human factors considerations, especially in the design of ergonomic navigation equipment.
To further investigate the innovation in small craft technology, RINA invites papers from naval architects, class societies, operators, researchers, and builders on all related topics including:
- Design: Practice, philosophies, testing and development
- New Vessels: Innovative features, trials and evaluation
- Construction: Materials, techniques and quality control
- Safety & Regulation: ISO standards, improvements, etc.
- Equipment: New ideas, products, control systems, navigation, auxiliary equipment
- Machinery & Propulsion: Power plants, fuel cells, batteries, system layout
- Green Technologies: Hybrid power and propulsion
- Operation: Practices, training, health & safety, reliability and vessel deployment
- Education & training: Of boat designers and fabricators
The RIB & HSC Directory is pleased to be a media partner and supporter of RINA - Innovations In Small Craft Technology 2016
All images are copyright RIB & HSC 2019 unless otherwise stated.
This does not exclude the owner's assertion of copyright over the material.
Powerboat racing legend Fabio Buzzi and two other racers have…
Ports and the offshore industry are now recognising the potential of…
19 - 21 November 2019
RAI Amsterdam, The Netherlands