Design and Operation of Wind Farm Support Vessels
27 February 2019
RINA invites papers from designers, class societies, operators, researchers and builders on all related topics, including:
- Vessel design: hull forms, general arrangements, interior designs, etc, especially those with innovative features
- Class society and national/international statutory requirements, including the impact of new rules and regulations on this sector
- Powering and propulsion: including the ever-increasing take-up of hybrid-electric (and, in some cases, pure-electric) propulsive systems
- Seakeeping and manoeuvrability
- Provisions for the carriage of increasing numbers of turbine technicians, plus larger cargo volumes
- Crew safety and comfort
- Crucial lessons learned from ‘Phase 1’ of dedicated WFSV design
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit their paper for publication in the International Journal of Maritime Engineering.
All images are copyright RIB & HSC - Shock Mitigation 2019 unless otherwise stated.
This does not exclude the owner's assertion of copyright over the material.
Ports and the offshore industry are now recognising the potential of…
19 - 20 June 2018
AC75 is the new class of high performance fully foiling monohull racing yachts, to be sailed when New Zealand defend…